Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pretty Front Yard


Here are the pictures of the front yard. Bryan has finished the work on the lower windows. He had to replace the window sill from where he had to remove the bricks to replace the windows. Still have to remove the last set of shutters. Still have some trim paint to finish, but that is a summer project when the weather is nice for a while. 

I planted my pots and we got the drip system all hooked up. This year we were smart and actually planted plants that enjoy the full sun they get there. We weren't so smart last year and tried growing fuchsias there. Didn't realize the front of the house faces east and gets full sun for most of the day. Needless to say our fuchsias didn't do well. 

Planted hot pink geraniums in the pots on the front steps. Now Bryan just has to replace the handrail then the drip hoses won't be so obvious.
My hanging pots are full of Petunias in shades of pink and white with Alyssum, and some pots have Ivy Geraniums with some pretty purply trailing plants. (Can't remember the name of them). Hopefully these will do much better this year.
 
Then there is my little flower bed with my peonies and some tulips at the moment. Most of my tulips didn't come up this year. I think Bryan must have done something to them last year when he put the stones in. Not sure what happened. They were there last year! I still have to plant some colorful annuals in the front as a border. But I haven't really decided what I want to plant yet. Maybe some snapdragons, maybe more petunias, Not sure. Something pretty and colorful all summer long though! All I know is it is a HUGE difference from what our yard looked like last year! The grass is beautiful and we have plants! Not mud, dirt and weeds.  Big improvement!

0 comments: