Wednesday, May 19, 2010

On to the next project

Came home from work to this. Actually the front door was opened with an air hose was running up the stairs and behind the mysterious curtain. Just what is behind the curtain you ask?
 
The wall that will soon be hosting my new pantry! Bryan started on the next project before I could get good before pictures, so this is the best I can do. All my pantry items used to be in the cabinets down in the laundry room. Extremely inconvenient when cooking and I constantly had to run downstairs to get something from the pantry. (Actually the kids had to run up and down the stairs to bring me things. I'm not crazy, that's what I had them for isn't it?)

Anyway, since we took all the extra cabinets down in the laundry room I needed a new pantry. I have been wanting to move the pantry up in the kitchen for a long time, just hadn't figured out how to do it yet. We decided we no longer needed an eating area in the kitchen when the dining room is just on the other side of the kitchen. So that's where my new pantry is going. Then at the end of the wall by the french doors will be a recycling center with a built in cabinet to hold the garbage can & pop cans. 

Hopefully it will be a quick project and then we can tackle the rest of the kitchen. The rest of the kitchen includes new flooring, new countertops & backsplash, and reconfiguring a couple of cabinets to get more counter space. Fairly easy and inexpensive I hope! 


0 comments: