Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Project update

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I was hoping to have some finished photos of the laundry room, but apparently we have jumped onto the next project first. Bryan got the dry wall up for the pantry and is working on mud now. Unfortunately the weather has been so cold the mud isn't drying fast enough so this might take a while. This is after the first coat. The pantry is only 14 inches deep I think so that makes working inside the closet a bit difficult, but it will be awesome once it's all finished. Can't wait for that!
 

So on Sunday while he was working on that I was hanging artwork in the Living Room. BY MYSELF! Usually I'm not allowed to wield a hammer in the house because I tend to eyeball it and we end up with lots of little nail holes in the wall. Well this time I actually measured everything and ended up with perfect straight and even artwork! I'm so proud of myself. Now I just need to go get some more candles to finish the look.

It looks kind of weird to see something on that wall when it has been bare for so long, but now it's starting to look more finished. I just love that wall, and all the iron and scroll patterns match the light fixtures in the rooms perfectly. Love it!
Now if I could just get my nerve up to hang the dishes I bought for the dining room wall. And I need to finish accessorizing the hutch too. It finally found a permanent home, but I'm not happy with the stuff displayed on it yet.
I need new flowers, baskets for above, and more color for sure. It will be a work in progress that I'm sure I will be picking stuff up for as I find it. That's it for now. Not much work going on this week since Bryan has a meeting tomorrow and we will be getting ready for the holiday weekend. Can't wait for all that fun!

0 comments: