Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer is finally here!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Things have been busy around here. School is out the end of the week which means there are last minute parties and homework assignments to wrap up. Not to mention Nick's 6th Grade send-off tomorrow morning! No more elementary school for us! Yeah!
They were supposed to be out of school on the 16th, but because of the ever present budget shortfalls they cut 3 days off the schedule. Fine with me, I thought they were in school a little later than usual anyway. The kids are looking forward to a summer full of sleeping in and no homework. I'm looking forward to a cleaner house since their chore lists are doubling since they will be the ones home and able to clean the house!

Our summer weather should actually be starting this weekend as well which is something we are really looking forward to. Hasn't really felt like summer around here with all the rain we have had. We should actually hit the 80's for the first time this year. The weatherman said that is a record of latest showing of the 80 degree temperatures. I'm looking forward to cleaning up the outdoor table and being able to eat outside on the deck. Having BBQs with friends, making s'mores while hanging around the fire pit in the late summer evenings. My favorite time of year is finally here!

We plan on doing lots of this:
 

And some of this:

And I'm sure some of this as well:

As long as I have time to do this:
I'll be good.

0 comments: