Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cold, Cold, Cold!


Will it ever end? It's amazing how much a little cold weather and snow can consume your life! So this is Day 3 in the great "Arctic Blast" as the news channels like to call it. It is about 22 degrees today and sunny. The snow is still around, as is the ice! I drove to work today by myself with no problems. Probably because I wasn't able to go fast enough to get into trouble because there were so many chickens on the road! Drive pavement and still people were actually driving with chains on! Silly.

The kids are still off of school. I think they will be all week since we are supposed to get more snow tomorrow and the freezing temperatures are supposed to stick around through the weekend. I just hope Mom and Dad are able to make it in on Saturday! So far the weather is supposed to be OK early saturday, turning to crap again Saturday night and Sunday. Not sure we will be able to make it down to Eugene on Sunday, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens. 

Part of me hopes this all sticks around until Christmas for a white Christmas, but then again, it's a really long time to be frozen! At least 95% of my shopping and Christmas preparations are completed already! I think I need more hot chocolate though for the kids!

0 comments: