Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow Snow and MORE Snow!


So it is 8:30PM on Saturday night and we have gotten over 6 inches of snow today and it is STILL snowing! No end in sight. I can't ever remember seeing this much snow in Oregon that wasn't in the mountains of course!
They say the freezing rain should start after midnight tonight, but our temperatures keep dropping and the rain doesn't seem to be getting any closer. It is 23.9 degrees outside at our house right now, it was 30 degrees this morning when I got up.
Luckily my parents were able to make it in to town this morning. The airport started cancelling flights not long after they arrived. My parents' comment when they arrived was it looks like Iowa here. But at least our snow will disappear before April! My parents will be here for the remainder of the year and go back home just before the kids go back to school. Hopefully we won't be snowbound the entire time they are here!
I'll leave you with some updated photos of the snow in our backyard taken at 8:30PM.





0 comments: