Monday, January 26, 2009

What's happening...

Well it's been a while since I posted anything so I thought I better give you all an update of what we have been up to. Which I must say is nothing much. My BFF Becky was up for the weekend because she had a board review in Vancouver. She is studying to be a dental hygienist, which she is almost done with. She has her big board tests to take in a couple of months so she was able to come up for a review session and that meant she was able to hang with us in the evenings. It was great to see her and hang out with her. Haven't gotten to see much of her these days since we moved so I'll take what I can get!

We had a little bit of snow on Sunday. I have to admit I wasn't excited to see it either. There was about an inch of snow maybe when I got up in the morning. Luckily it wasn't sticking to the roads or anything, but there were still flakes coming down. It lasted until about 1 I think before it all melted away. It was funny, even the kids weren't excited to see the snow. However it did look pretty out the window. I'm just glad it didn't stick around long. Maybe next month I'll be more excited about seeing snow. Maybe. Then again, maybe not.

Nick and Gabi haven't been up to too much these days. Gabi did get an award at school for Responsibility last week. And the perfect attendance award as well. We are quite proud of her accomplishments. She's really becoming a delightful and entertaining young lady. (She'd hate to see me say that about her, but it's true! LOL) 
Nick would have had that perfect attendance award too if it wasn't for that fishing trip he went on when Josh was home last time. Oh well, it isn't like he gets to fish with his brother and dad everyday. The absence was worth it to him for the bonding time they got. Plus the fish they caught that day was delicious!

Bryan is still working on Nick's room downstairs. He has moved onto drywall now so we are one step closer to completion. That will be a good thing! But now he has gotten a new project. The bobcat is back in the driveway needed a new motor put in it. He was finally able to find a new motor after months of searching and wants to get it put in so various friends can use it. Spring is coming and the bobcat will be in high demand by some people. I'll just be happy to get it out of our driveway again.

Me, I've been working as usual. Found out I've been pulling my hair out over my latest catalog deadline for no reason since we have another 2 weeks until it is due. The good news is at least we have time to finish it without rushing and make some of the last minute changes we didn't think we would be able to make.  Other than that I made macaroni and cheese from scratch last night for dinner for the first time and it was so good! A complete success and even Bryan likes it despite the fact there was no meat for dinner. LOL He kept telling me that it would go good with steak. But I told him he was nuts! Considering it took about an hour to make I'm not about to spend that kind of time on a side dish! He didn't really complain too much though as he was too busy stuffing his face! LOL

So that's about all that has been going on in our little world. Hope everyone has a great week! 

0 comments: