Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!
My Dad is a New Years baby so not only do we get to celebrate the start of the new year, we also get to celebrate his birthday. We had a great dinner New Year's Eve at Jake's Crawfish a Portland icon that has been around longer than my Dad! (Sorry dad, couldn't resist!) We had an amazing dinner of the freshest seafood with the whole family together. Something that hasn't happened in quite some time! It was a lot of fun.

New Year's Day is usually a time of making resolutions and plans for the coming year. I always think of it as a time to get rid of the clutter in life and organize and prepare for the coming year. I'm not good at the whole resolution thing though. Usually any resolutions I make are busted within the first month or two. Plus with the economic uncertainty these days I'm just thankful to still be employed and making ends meet! 

So this year I'm going to work on my attitude and outlook on life, and maybe a few accomplishments by the end of the year.
1. This year I'm going to focus on worrying a little less about things I have no control over. No sense worrying about things you can't change.

2. This year I'm going to focus on my relationships more. I realize how important it is to be surrounded by the people who care and it's good to know there are people who care and are there to lean on when needed. I have a feeling that might come in handy this year. That's partly where this blog comes in. It's a way to stay in touch with the people that matter to me. Let them know what's going on in our world so we stay connected and a part of each others lives.

3. So that means this year I want to keep my blog up on a daily if not every other day basis.

4. I'd like to reorganize a few areas of my life. Get rid of the stuff we don't need or use and keep just the things we love around. 

 That's about it to focus on for this year  I think. I don't want to over promise and under deliver! I have a feeling this is going to be a great year, despite the uncertainty in the world these days. My family has been so blessed in the last few years and we are so grateful for all we have. We have a wonderful healthy family, great jobs we both enjoy, a beautiful house, and the chance to have lots of fun with our family and friends. I look forward to another great year! 

0 comments: